Delivery Service Representative
At Event Source/Panache, our associates are more than promoters of our exceptional products & service. They are important assets to our business; individuals who care and keep our company standards. With our training, development and benefits, there are real opportunities for your future.
The Delivery Service Representative (DSR) is responsible for making multi-stop deliveries and pickups to corporate and residential customers. You will load and unload vehicles/trucks and deliver/pickup equipment in full or partial loads. The DSR may also be required to interact with customers while setting-up and breaking down equipment/products at various venues. Most routes are the same day. Please click this link to see a quick video about our Delivery Service Representative position: https://vimeo.com/209967512.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will operate various sized vehicles such as but not limited to mini-vans, Sprinters, and 26’ box trucks.
- Provide excellent customer service and on-time deliveries while working as part of a team to ensure that our events are handled professionally from start to finish.
- Work closely with our sales and warehouse staff to make sure our equipment is handled properly, and orders are completed correctly.
- Quality control/inspection checks to make sure items meet company standards.
- Willing and able to operate carts, dollies, tow motors, pallet jacks and other moving equipment as needed to move product.
- Communicates and adheres to routes setup by Transportation Specialist to meet company and customer expectations.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Must be willing to work inside and outside in various locations and weather conditions.
- Frequently operating equipment with potential hazards. Appropriate safety equipment and practices are required.
- Box trucks have lift gates.
- Repetitive bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items.
- Monday – Friday.
- Hours can range from early morning to late evening.
- Will be required to work every other weekend during the busy season (May-December).
- Possible overtime hours during the busy season.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. CDL is not required.
- Professionalism is a must as our service, and rental equipment is used for many types of events at various venues.
- Tow motor and pallet jack experience is a plus but will train.
- General knowledge of basic math skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizes, and manages time effectively.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Communicate effectively with internal company employees and clients while maintaining standards of professionalism and courtesy
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job - sitting, standing and lifting up to 14 hours a day.
- Regularly and repeatedly lift up to 100 lbs.
- Requires excellent hand eye coordination for driving lift trucks and retrieving products for orders.
- Willingness to be cross-trained and work in other departments.
- Exhibits ability to read and interpret orders.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must pass company background check and drug screen.