$1500 Sign-on Bonus
Average pay $70K per year
Medical, dental, vision and 401K after 60 days
*Bonus contingent on company new hire bonus policy
Delivery Service Representative
Miami, Pompano Beach and Orlando, FL
The Delivery Service Representative (DSR) is responsible for making multi-stop deliveries and pickups to corporate and residential customers in the markets we serve. You will load and unload furniture type items in vehicles/trucks and deliver/pick up equipment in full or partial loads. The DSR may also be required to interact with customers while setting up and breaking down equipment/products at various venues. Most routes are on the same day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will operate various sized vehicles such as but not limited to Sprinters and 26’ box trucks (non-CDL).
- Provide excellent customer service and on-time deliveries while working as part of a team to ensure that our events are handled professionally from start to finish.
- Work closely with our sales and warehouse staff to make sure our equipment is handled properly, and orders are completed correctly.
- Quality control/inspection checks to make sure items meet company standards.
- Willing and able to operate carts, dollies, tow motors, pallet jacks, and other moving equipment as needed to move product.
- Communicates and adheres to routes set up by Transportation Specialists to meet company and customer expectations.
- Follows Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) procedures.
- Promote and adhere to the company's Core Values: C.A.R.T. (Consistency, Adaptability, Reliability, Teamwork).
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Must be willing to work inside and outside in various locations and weather conditions.
- Frequently operating equipment with potential hazards. Appropriate safety equipment and practices are required.
- Box trucks have lift gates.
- Repetitive bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving items.
- Monday – Friday.
- Must be flexible as hours/ start times can range from early morning to late evening.
- Must be available to work 2-3 weekends a month.
- Possible overtime hours during the busy season.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. CDL is not required.
- Professionalism is a must as our service, and rental equipment is used for many types of events at various venues.
- Tow motor and pallet jack experience is a plus but will train.
- General knowledge of basic math skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizes, and manages time effectively.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Communicate effectively with internal company employees and clients while maintaining standards of professionalism and courtesy
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job - sitting, standing, and lifting up to 14 hours a day.
- Regularly and repeatedly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Willingness to be cross-trained and work in other departments.
- Exhibits ability to read and interpret orders.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must pass a company background check and drug screen.
- Proficiency in the Engligh language (both written and verbal) is required.