$1000 Sign-on Bonus
Medical, dental, vision and 401K after 60 days
*Bonus contingent on company new hire bonus policy
Production Supervisor - Laundry Ironer
The Laundry Department is task oriented and concerned with the cleaning and sorting of linens, napkins, pillow covers and chair covers. This involves the safe storage and application of various chemicals as well as the use of industrial machinery. Understanding how to maximize and manage space is very important. The Department also recognizes rental products that rent at high frequencies and understands how to prioritize the processing of that equipment.
In this role, The Laundry Ironer Production Supervisor will oversee the Ironer room in the Laundry Department. They will be responsible for ironing, catching, folding and packaging various types and sizes of linen.
At Event Source, our associates are more than promoters of our exceptional products & service. They are important assets to our business; individuals who care and keep our company standards. With our training, development and benefits, there are real opportunities for your future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spends a large majority of their time working interactively with their team.
- Assign employees tasks and ensure they are meeting production goals tracked by the West Vic piece counter.
- Strives to return all goods to the highest possible quality. Meets all Event Source quality standards.
- Continuously increases efficiency while reducing defects. Assures items in need of repair are marked and segregated.
- Conducts preventative upkeep of machines and work environment.
- Ensures that all employees are educated in and compliant with all company policies and production procedures. Aligns organizational values and goals with employee-level behavior and attitudes. This pertains to new hires as well as veteran staff.
- Fills all short pulls accurately and in a timely manner.
- Understands all core functions of MAS, including Item Inquiry and Reservations Inquiry, as well as all room-specific reports and utilities.
- Exemplifies organizational values and serves as a role model for production staff. Treats all employees and co-workers with empathy and respect. Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor. Remains approachable and accessible even in the most stressful moments. Distributes regular positive recognition to team members to reinforce successful behaviors.
- Strives for diplomacy, compromise and teamwork in all circumstances. Works together with other managers and departments to achieve common organizational goals.
- Trains and enforces all company and OSHA safety standards. Displays thorough understanding of all processing chemicals and relevant SDS sheets. Enforces the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment without exception.
- Assures that needed supplies for department are available and accessible to team. Requisitions to purchasing for additional needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Most work performed in a warehouse setting, in which some work areas may not be heated or air-conditioned.
- May have some outdoor exposure during the workday.
- Hot and cold extremes may occur in the warehouse.
- The typical tools used (hampers, dollies, racks, etc.) can be considered hazards.
- Equipment used (ironer/mangle, laundry machines) is electrical.
- Exposure to moving belts is continuous in the ironing function.
- There is exposure to detergents, bleaches and cleaning chemicals.
- Repetitive bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Monday – Friday.
- Hours: 7:30am – 4:00pm.
- Evening and weekends depending on work load.
- Possible overtime hours during the busy season.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisor experience preferred.
- Tow motor and pallet jack experience is a plus, but will train.
- General knowledge of basic math skills; fractions, percentage and ratios.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizes, and manages time effectively.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job - sitting, standing and lifting up to 12 hours a day in a warehouse environment.
- Regularly and repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to be cross-trained in other areas/departments.
- Must be able to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must pass company background check and drug screen.